A. Section Includes: This Section specifies clock systems.
Specifier Note: Revise Paragraph below to suit project requirements. Add section numbers and titles per CSI MasterFormat and specifiers practice.
B. Related Requirements:
Specifier Note: Include in this Paragraph only those sections and documents that directly affect the work of this section. If a reader of this section could reasonably expect to find a product or component specified in this section, but it is actually specified elsewhere, then the related section number(s) should be listed in the Subparagraph below. Do not include Division 00 documents or Division 01 sections since it is assumed that all technical sections are related to all project Division 00 documents and Division 01 sections to some degree. Refer to other documents with caution since referencing them may cause them to be considered part of the Contract.
- Section [26 33 53 – Static Uninterruptable Power Supply].
- Section [27 15 00 – Communications Horizontal Cabling].
- Section [27 20 00 – Data Communications].
- Section [26 05 19 Low-Voltage Electrical Power Conductors and Cables].
Specifier Note: Define terms that are unique to this Section and are not provided elsewhere in the contract documents. Include in this Article terms that are unique to the work result specified that may not be commonly known in the construction industry.
- DHCP: Dynamic host configuration protocol.
- IP: Internet protocol.
- NTP: Network time protocol.
- POE: Power over Ethernet.
- SNTP: Simple time network protocol.
- UPS: Uninterruptible power source.
- UTC: Coordinated universal time.
Specifier Note: Paragraph below may be omitted when specifying manufacturer’s proprietary products and recommended installation. Retain References Paragraph when specifying products and installation by an industry reference standard. List retained standard(s) referenced in this section alphabetically. Indicate issuing authority name, acronym, standard designation and title. Establish policy for indicating edition date of standard referenced. Contract Conditions Section 01 42 00 – References may establish the edition date of standards. This Paragraph does not require compliance with standard(s). It is a listing of all references used in this section. Only include here standards that are referenced in the body of the specification in PARTS 1, 2 and/or 3. Do not include references to building codes at any level.
B. Reference Standards:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE):
- IEEE 802.3af-2003 Power over Ethernet .
- POE+ compatible.
- Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL)/Canadian Standards Association (CSA):
- ANSI/UL 60950-1, Second Edition-2007 Standard for Information Technology Equipment – Safety –
Part 1: General Requirements and CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1, Second Edition (2007).
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive: European ban on certain hazardous substances from use in manufacturing electrical and electronic equipment.
- RoHS Directive (EU 2002/95/EC).
- ETL Listing: European product safety listing issued by Intertek Group plc.
- CE Marking: European conformity marking required for certain products sold within the European Economic Area (EEA) since 1985.
Specifier Note: Article below includes submittal of relevant data to be furnished by Contractor before, during or after construction. Coordinate this article with Architect’s and Contractor’s duties and responsibilities in Contract Conditions and Section 01 33 00 – Submittal Procedures.
A. Product Data: Manufacturer’s standard specifications and descriptive literature, including:
- SPEC-DATA product sheet.
- Catalog cut-sheets.
- Cabling diagrams.
- Sample warranty.
Specifier Note: Samples are actual products intended to illustrate the products to be incorporated into the project. Sample submittals are commonly necessary for such characteristics as colors, textures and other appearance issues.
- Manufacturer’s standard colors and finishes available on digital clock bodies [and face plates], for selection by [Architect].
Specifier Note: Specify submittals intended to document manufacturer installation, storage and other instructions.
C. Manufacturer’s Written Instructions, including:
- Delivery, storage and handling.
- Preparation and Installation.
Specifier Note: Coordinate Article below with Contract Conditions and with Section 01 78 36 – Warranties.
D. Warranty: Fully executed, issued in [Owner’s] name and registered with manufacturer, including:
- Manufacturer’s [3-year] warranty, from date of substantial completion, covering defects in materials and workmanship.
1.04 QUALITY ASSURANCE
A. Installer: Acceptable to the manufacturer, experienced in performing work of this section and has specialized in installation of work similar to that required for this project.
1.05 DELIVERY, STORAGE & HANDLING
A. Deliver materials in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions.
B. Deliver materials in manufacturer’s original packaging with identification labels intact.
C. Store materials protected from exposure to harmful weather conditions and at temperature conditions in accordance with manufacturer’s written instructions.
Specifier Note: USGBC’s LEED® certification includes credits for the diversion of construction waste from landfill. Diversion can be tracked by either weight or volume but must be consistent for all materials. Manufacturer may reclaim packaging and delivery materials for recycling.
D. Remove packaging materials from site and dispose of at appropriate recycling facilities.